Monday, February 11, 2013

The work question...

I knew it would be coming now that all three kids are in school full time; "are you going to go back to  teaching full time?"  It took until January for people to start asking, but in a month at least a half dozen people have asked.  I responded the first few times with a long winded reply about how I'm substitute teaching, volunteering at school and Girl Scout leader for both girl's troops. After the first few times being asked I realized that I was justifying my choice to work part time and volunteer more to people when really I shouldn't have to. I don't judge parents who work full time, parents who work part time or parents who stay home so I need to stop worrying about people judging my decision. As long as dh is supportive then who cares what others think(easier said than done).  So, for now I'm going to be a part time working, part time volunteering mom and someday I may switch gears...but I hope for not a couple more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment