Dh and I went out for a date Saturday night! Thank you Grandma H for watching the kiddos for us!!
It was nice to get out and shop, see a movie and chat over dinner. The highlights...
We had to return a coat to Gymboree. As we were walking in I told dh that the coat was $17 so I had to spend that much so I wouldn't lose my Gymbuck. It was a coat for Kb so the plan was to find him something. Usually, I shop for the kids without dh and I have to say taking him with had its positives and negatives.
1.)his taste is different from mine. For some reason dh doesn't love man capris or plaid shorts as much as I do(seriously love both).
2.)he shops the full price rack. I prefer to shop the sale rack and stack the 25% coupon on top of the sale price to make things more affordably priced. He picked out a few things and was suprised when I said no way to them. I filled him in on my shopping ways...seriously everything in Gymboree goes on sale within a couple months so why pay full price(I must be getting cheaper as I get older:/).
A huge kuddos to dh though, he found some super cute things for the kids! Actually we bought a lot more than we would have had I went on my own. For that reason I think he needs to shop with me more often(he will just have to adjust to my clothing preferences because man capris and plaid shorts are a staple in Kb's summer wardrobe;)!
We went to an adult movie! I didn't have to watch for spilling popcorn, hand anyone their soda or take potty breaks during the movie...it was a relaxing movie!
Dinner at Old Madrid was awesome, I love that place. If you have never been it is on 6th St. in downtown Racine, highly recommend it!
Thanks again Grandma H! The kids had a blast with you and Grandpa H and dh and I enjoyed our evening out!!
Fun Times!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment